If you live in Caerphilly and receive any of the following, you can claim free school meals for your school-aged child.
- Income support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and their annual income does not exceed £16,190. (HM Revenue and Customs are responsible for assessing the level of annual income.)
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.Universal Credit
Go to the Caerphilly County Borough Council website to apply for free school meals.