As part of the school’s ICT provision, we have access to a state of the art Radio station. Our radio station is an excellent vehicle for developing skills in a fun and up to date way, used as part of the creative curriculum as well as part of a dedicated radio team and we broadcast our own live shows.
Some of the many benefits are;
- Improve speaking listening skills.
- Develops working together and problem solving.
- Engages learners with 21st century ICT skills.
- Builds live show broadcasting.
- Develops literacy skills.
- Develops confidence.
- Provides a greater, real world context, to work by providing the children with a wider audience, beyond their own classroom walls.
Pupils from all year groups, have the opportunity to work as part of a radio team, that works together to broadcast radio shows throughout the school. These shows include topical conversation, school news and current events, school council and eco group messages, interviews, jingles, competitions and more.
Broadcasts will appear live online (looped throughout the day) and broadcast live round the school for pupils to listen to at break/lunch times.