It was lovely to see so many of you at the parent evenings last week! Thanks you for coming!
Well done to our football teams who took part in the cluster competition last week. Seven matches were played. They won one match, drew three matches and lost three matches. Well done to the children who took part!
The parent survey has now closed. We will now analyse the results and comments and look to improve our school further! Further details will follow!
LIBRARY VISITS AND POLICE
Year 3 and Year 4 visited the library last week and really enjoyed the visit. Year 5/6 had a visit from the police as part of an important programme of lessons that take place throughout the year!
Our Expressive Arts – “Express Yourself” performances will be on Thursday 17th October 2019. Performances will also be recorded in our TV Studio and will be available on YouTube this week! Details of the day were sent home a couple of weeks ago but are also outlined below:
IMPORTANT – NO PHOTOGRAPHS TO BE TAKEN ON THE DAY, PLEASE TELL EVERYONE WHO IS PLANNING TO ATTEND
· NURSERY – The Nursery performance will take place in the Nursery at 11.00 a.m.
· RECEPTION – Reception performance will take place in Reception classroom at 9.30. Parents are to enter the classroom via the infant yard gates into the infant yard.
· YEAR 1 – Year 1 performance will take place at 9.50 in the school hall.
· Year 2 – Year 2 performance will take place at 10.10 in the school hall.
· Year 3 - Year 3 performance will take place at 1.40 in the Year 3 classroom, parents should enter the school via the junior door.
· Year 4 – Year 4 performance will be at 2.00 in the school hall.
· Year 5/6T – Year 5/6T performance will be at 2.20 in the school hall.
· Year 5/6P - Year 5/6P performance will be at 2.40 in the school hall.
· Year 5/6Y –Year 5/6Y performance will be at 3.00 in the school hall.
FOR EVERY PERFORMANCE IN THE SCHOOL HALL PARENTS SHOULD ENTER THE HALL DOOR VIA THE INFANT YARD GATES NO-ONE TO ENTER VIA ANY OTHER DOOR.
Please note – all pupils will finish school at normal time 3.25 for school bus and 3.30 for all other pupils Pupils will come to school in their outfits (information on outfits will be provided by your child’s class teacher)
Our annual Harvest celebration will be on Friday 25th October 2019. Once again, we will be collecting items to donate to the local food bank in order to support the local community. Please send in items for the food bank. Thank you! At the moment, urgently required items are:
· Tinned fruit (400gms)
· Tea bags (80's)
· Dried pasta (500gms)
· UHT milk (1 litre)
· Breakfast Cereals
PARIS TRIP – MAY 2021 (CURRENT YEAR 4 AND YEAR 5)
Thank you to those parents who attended the Paris meeting. Please can deposits for the trip be returned by Monday 21st October 2019. Many Thanks
This week is Week 1
Our Criw Cymraeg Please try and use the following phrase:
Ga i…? – Can I have …?
It is important for children to attend school regularly. We will be chasing parents if pupils have attendance of below 95% and will be contacting the Education Welfare Officer if pupils are not punctual and attendance drops below 90%. Our attendance target for this year is 95% - Attendance forms part of the categorisation criteria of schools – Please help us to achieve well!