Welcome Back! Happy New Year to you all!
I do hope that everyone had a lovely Christmas and that all pupils are refreshed for the new term! A special welcome to our new Rising 3 pupils this week!
It was lovely to see so many of you at the Carol Service at the end of last term. A big thank you to everyone who attended.
FAMILY PHOTOGRAPH EVENING
The photographer will be in school from 2.30pm – 5.00pm on Wednesday 22nd January 2020. You can book a time slot by telephoning the school office. You can have any photographs you wish taken (individual, family, with the dog/cat etc)
INCLEMENT WEATHER PROCEDURE
Please remind yourself of the inclement weather procedure. It is available on the school website or can be requested from the school office. It was sent out last term! I’d like us all to be well prepared! It is essential that we have the correct mobile number for you as this is what is used for text message alerts.
MANOR ADVENTURE 2020
Please remember that the full balance for this trip is due by the end of January. Failure to pay will mean that your child will unfortunately lose their place and the initial deposit paid.
Our Expressive Arts theme – “Express Yourself” has now finished and we are moving onto our Humanities Theme for the Spring Term – “Explorers”. Parent Overview sheets will be sent home in the next couple of weeks. This will outline what your child will be learning in school and offer some advice on how you can help your child at home.
School clubs will continue week beginning 20th January 2020. Mr Perry will send home further information shortly.
This week is Menu 1
Please try and use the following phrase throughout December and when we see you over the next few weeks!
Blwyddyn Newydd Dda – Happy New Year
Well done to the pupils and their parents with attendance of 97% and above for Autumn Term!
- If your child has attendance of 97% or above from September 2019 to June 2020, they will be offered a reward.
- There will be termly certificates and prizes for children with attendance of 97% or above!
- We will continue with weekly “golden time” for the class with the best attendance – work together, be in school and the whole class will be rewarded!
- In addition to this, we’re going to reward parents for getting their child to school regularly and on time. If your child has attendance of 97% for the term, you will be given a raffle ticket and go into the prize draw to win a fantastic prize!
- You will receive an update of your child attendance every half term! Percentages do change lots as the year progresses so there is always a chance to receive a reward during the year!
- We have “Attendance Ambassadors” in school that will support children with low attendance. The Ambassadors will help solve any problems in school and provide friendly advice if it is needed.
- You will receive a letter to attend school and discuss your child’s attendance if it causing concern. You will be offered support and advice if required.
- If attendance is a serious cause for concern, the school will contact the Education Welfare Officer and arrange for home visits, warnings and / or meetings to take place.
Let’s all work together to improve attendance!
DIARY OF EVENTS – SPRING TERM 2020
Please make a note of these dates for the Spring Term:
Tuesday 21st January 2020 - Curriculum 2022 Parent Information Event – Humanities and Languages – 5pm – School Hall – Everyone welcome
Family Photo Evening – 22nd January 2020 – 2.30pm-5pm – Please telephone the office for an appointment
Parent Engagement Day – Historical re-enactment – 12th February 2020
IDP Reviews (Without parents – Reviews and IDPs will be sent home) – 13th and 14th February 2020
Finish for Half term – Friday 14th February 2020 and start back on Monday 24th February 2020
St David’s Day – Monday 2nd March 2020 – Please wear costume, flags, rugby shirts to school)
Culture Day – Egypt Theme – Friday 20th
March 2020 (Masks, costume, Colour of Flag – red, white and black)
Year 5 and Year 6 to Manor Adventure – 27th
– 29th March 2020
End of Term – Friday 3rd April 2020
Start of Summer Term – Monday 20th April 2020
National Tests – 28th April 2020 to 5th May 2020 (No holidays will be authorised during the test window)
* Please note we have 3 further INSET Days to take before we finish in July. Further details will follow when dates are confirmed.
* Several educational visits are planned for Spring term and further details will follow for your child’s class.