Site news

Weekly Newsletter 8th July 2019

Picture of Abercarn Admin
Weekly Newsletter 8th July 2019
by Abercarn Admin - Wednesday, 10 July 2019, 1:03 PM

SUN CREAM

Please can I remind Parent/Carers to put sun cream on pupils before sending them to school!  Please ensure your child brings a bottle of water every day and wears a hat as necessary. Water is available for children during the school day although water bottles help with top ups and health and safety!  Parents should apply sun protection cream to exposed body parts. Although it is not possible to allow pupils to bring such creams to school, there are now products on the market which give protection for the whole of the school day. The school will also encourage the children to sit in the shade out of direct sunlight for part of the lunch break.

HEAD BOY and HEAD GIRL

Our current Head Boy and Head Girl will be moving onto Secondary School at the end of term - I would like to say a big thank you and big well done as they’ve represented the school extremely well.

A couple of weeks ago, Year 5 children were asked to apply for the role. Following a written application, speeches to the school and a whole school vote, I am pleased to announce Jack Regan as Head Boy with Dylan Priddey as Deputy Head Boy and Amber Pitman as Head Girl and Seren Fry as Deputy Head Girl. Well done to everyone who applied.

END OF TERM

End of Summer Term will be Friday 19th July 2019. School will finish at 1.30pm. The bus has been arranged for this time. Please ensure children are collected at 1.30pm.

School will reopen for the new school year on Wednesday 4th September 2019.

Monday 2nd and Tuesday 3rd are INSET Days!

SPORTS DAY

Nursery and Rising 3’s Sports Day will be on Friday 12th July – 9.30am Rising 3’s and 10.30 for Nursery

SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY THEME WEEK

It was Science and Technology Theme Week last week – Children participated in lots of Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths activities throughout the week and showcased their work last Friday – Photos are on Twitter

BBQ

Thank you to everyone who attended the Summer BBQ last week. A great time was had by all! A big thank you to all PTA members for their support and with organising a great BBQ. Also a big thank to all the staff for their support and helping out! It is greatly appreciated.

CLASSES AND TEACHERS FOR NEXT YEAR

Children will meet their new teacher and spend time in their new classroom on Wednesday 10th July 2019.

Nursery children will make extra visits to Reception class over the coming weeks and Year 2 are already visiting Year 3 in order to be familiar with the new change.

REMINDERS: DIARY OF EVENTS – SUMMER TERM 2019

Please make a note of these dates for the Spring Term:

Year 6 Prom – 15th July 2019

Year 6 Leavers Concert – Friday 19th July 2019 at 9.30am

End of Term – Friday 19th July 2019 – School finishes at 1.30pm

INSET DAYS – SEPTEMBER 2019

Monday 8th July 2019 and Tuesday 9th July 2019 – School Closed

Monday 22nd July 2019 – School Closed

SCHOOL TRIPS FOR THE SUMMER TERM

Nursery – Cefn Mably Farm Park – 16th July

Reception, Class 1 and Class 2 – Parcplay – 16th July

Please get your forms and monies into the office as soon as possible. If your child is not going then please do us the courtesy of letting the office know.

YEAR 6 PROM

The Year 6 Prom will be on Monday 15th July 2019 – 6pm – 8.45pm. The Theme is Hollywood and Paparazzi. Hot food and drinks will be provided. Please make sure you have purchased your ticket in advance from the office.

YEAR 6 LEAVERS

Year 6 leavers assembly will take place on the last day of term at 9.30am. Please let us know how many seats you will require!

DINNER MENU

This week is Menu 3

WELSH PHRASE

Please try and use the following phrase:

Wyt ti’n hoffi Ysgol Gynradd Abercarn? Do you like Abercarn Primary School?

Ydw / Nag ydw – Yes / No

Dwi i’n hoffi… I Llke…

Dwi ddim yn hoffi – I don’t like