Site news

Weekly Newsletter 8th April 2019

Picture of Mr L Greenslade
Weekly Newsletter 8th April 2019
by Mr L Greenslade - Monday, 8 April 2019, 12:36 PM

HEALTH AND WELL BEING WEEK

It is our Health and Well Being Theme week this week! Children will be involved in lots of different activities linked to the new curriculum!

Please can all children wear trainers to school this week – please wear school uniform but wear trainers!

HEALTHY SCHOOL LUNCHES

We are working very hard in school to promote healthy eating and healthy lifestyles and we would very much appreciate as much support as possible from parents and, therefore, I would like to suggest the following:

• No sweets in school lunch boxes e.g. lollipops, boiled sweets, jelly sweets etc. Chocolate bars are acceptable in moderation.

• An item included that contributes towards the “Five a Day” recommendation – piece of fruit, fruit bar etc

These two suggestions will go some way towards promoting healthy eating and lifestyles for our pupils.

PRICE OF SCHOOL MEALS FROM THE 1ST OF APRIL

The council have informed us that from the 1st of April the cost of a school meal will be £2.10. Therefore, please remember to top up by £10.50 and not just £10.00. This can be done by tapping the ‘other’ top up tab and entering £10.50.

MONDAY BRIEFING

ALL STAFF will be involved in a briefing every Monday morning from 8.40 to 8.50 so no-one will be available between these times

EARLY COLLECTIONS ON A FRIDAY AFTERNOON

In recent times we have found that a number of children are being taken from school soon after the register is called on a Friday afternoon. Whilst we don’t encourage this practice, those families wishing to do this on a regular basis will now need to complete a holiday form, outlining the dates that they wish to remove their child/children early from school. Please note that unless your child is in school until at least 2pm then they will not retain the mark they were given at afternoon registration. Children collected from 1pm to 2pm will be marked with an absence as they have not been present for the majority of the session.

PTA EASTER RAFFLE

Tickets are on sale, the tickets are £1 each. If you wish to purchase any then please send the money into the class with your child. The teachers will be selling the tickets.

SNACK MONEY

Please make sure that your child has their snack money enveloped separately and given to them to take into class (other than reception who put all monies in the black box). If you submit snack money together with other money (trip etc) then the money is unlikely to make it to the class in time for Monday break.

DINNER MENU

This week is Menu 2

WELSH PHRASE

Please try and use the following phrases – Our Criw Cymraeg produce the phrases each week

Ble est ti? Where did you go?

Es I I …. I went to…

END OF TERM

Please note end of term is FRIDAY 12th APRIL 2019 - on some communications it was stated we finish on the Thursday this is incorrect.  Back to school Monday 29th April.