Welcome Back! Happy New Year to you all!
I do hope that everyone had a lovely Christmas and that all pupils are refreshed for the new term!
A special welcome to our new Rising 3 pupils this week!
It was lovely to see so many of you at the Carol Service at the end of last term. A big thank you to everyone who attended.
FAMILY PHOTOGRAPH EVENING
The photographer will be in school from 2.30pm – 5.30pm on Tuesday 22nd January 2018. You can book a time slot by telephoning the school office. You can have any photographs you wish taken (individual, family, with the dog/cat etc)
INCLEMENT WEATHER PROCEDURE
Please remind yourself of the inclement weather procedure. It is available on the school website or can be requested from the school office. It was sent out last term! I’d like us all to be well prepared! It is essential that we have the correct mobile number for you as this is what is used for text message alerts.
Topic Overviews for parents will be sent home with the children within the next few weeks. They will detail what your child will be learning this term.
DIARY OF EVENTS – SPRING TERM 2019
Please make a note of these dates for the Spring Term:
Family Photo Evening – 22nd January 2019
Culture Day – China Theme – 29th March 2019
Year 5 and Year 6 to Manor Adventure – 5th – 7th April 2019
Open Day – 14th March 2019
IDP Reviews – 21st and 22nd March 2019
End of Term – Thursday 11th April 2019
Start of Summer Term – Monday 29th April 2019
National Tests – 7th – 14th May 2019
School clubs will continue week beginning 21st January 2019.
This week is Menu 1
Please try and use the following phrase throughout December and when we see you over the next few weeks!
Blwyddyn Newydd Dda – Happy New Year
Well done to the pupils and their parents with attendance of 97% and above for Autumn Term!
- If your child has attendance of 97% or above from September 2018 to June 2019, they will be offered a reward.
- There will be termly certificates and prizes for children with attendance of 97% or above!
- We will continue with weekly “golden time” for the class with the best attendance – work together, be in school and the whole class will be rewarded!
- In addition to this, we’re going to reward parents for getting their child to school regularly and on time. If your child has attendance of 97% for the term, you will be given a raffle ticket and go into the prize draw to win a fantastic prize!
- You will receive an update of your child attendance every half term! Percentages do change lots as the year progresses so there is always a chance to receive a reward during the year!
- We have “Attendance Ambassadors” in school that will support children with low attendance. The Ambassadors will help solve any problems in school and provide friendly advice if it is needed.
- You will receive a letter to attend school and discuss your child’s attendance if it causing concern. You will be offered support and advice if required.
- If attendance is a serious cause for concern, the school will contact the Education Welfare Officer and arrange for home visits, warnings and / or meetings to take place.
Let’s all work together to improve attendance!
BE ON TIME
School starts at 9am. Doors open at 8.50am. Please ensure children are in school between 8.50am and 9am. The Education Welfare Officer will be patrolling school and will challenge parents of pupils who are late. Please be on time! If children are continually late, please expect to hear from us!