Site news

Weekly Newsletter 8th October 2018

Picture of Mr L Greenslade
Weekly Newsletter 8th October 2018
by Mr L Greenslade - Monday, 8 October 2018, 2:46 PM

EXPRESSIVE ARTS THEME WEEKS

The finale of Expressive Arts Theme week was last Thursday. Thank you to everyone who attended. The children were fabulous and really enjoyed their Expressive Arts Theme week. They worked extremely hard and the outcomes were great!

BREAKFAST CLUB – MONEY

Please do not leave any money with Breakfast Club staff. Please drop it in the post box outside the school office on your way past – Please make sure it is in an envelope and clearly labelled.

FOOTBALL TEAM

Well done to the children who played in the Football matches last week. They worked well as a team and both teams won matches – well done!

FLU VACCINATIONS

Pupils in Reception to Year 6 will have the chance to be vaccinated in school on 6th November.  Permission forms will be sent out next week so please look out for the forms, if you do not complete this  and return to school your child will not be vaccinated.

YEAR 6 SECONDARY ADMISSION FORMS

The closing date for the above forms to be back at school is 19th October and quite a few pupils have still not returned their forms.  It is vitally important that these forms are returned by deadline date if you wish your child to have a place in your chosen school.  If you have applied online could you please let the office know so we can mark that information on the form we send to admissions.

PARKING IN MILL RACE

Can we ask parents to park sensibly when bringing their child to school or collecting at the end of the day.  It is not appropriate to block drives or obscure the area where pupils cross the road.

MACMILLAN COFFEE AFTERNOON

Thank you to everyone who attended the Macmillan Coffee Afternoon.  Your support is greatly appreciated! We raised just under £200 – Thank you so much!

DINNER MENU

This week is Menu 3

HARVEST

Our Harvest Festival is on Friday 26th October 2018. We will be collecting food items for the local Food Bank! Thank you for your support.

WELSH PHRASE

Please try and use the following phrase:

Ga i fynd i'r tŷ bach os gwelwch yn dda? - Can I go to the toilet please?

Cei / Na cei - Yes / No