Site news

Weekly Newsletter 26th February

Picture of Mr L Greenslade
Weekly Newsletter 26th February
by Mr L Greenslade - Monday, 26 February 2018, 8:09 PM

WELCOME BACK

I hope everyone had a lovely half term break! I hope everyone is refreshed and looking forward to another busy term!

ST DAVIDS DAY

St David’s Day celebrations will take place on Thursday 1st March 2018. Children can wear traditional Welsh costumes / rugby shirts etc to school. Photographs will be sent to the Argus for the St David’s Day Supplement.

SDD18

DAFFODILS

We will be selling daffodils in school this week in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care.  Daffodils cost £1.00

ZEBRA CROSSING CHAPEL OF EASE

It has been reported to us that some cars seem to be ignoring the zebra crossing in Chapel of Ease.  Parents reported that a bus was stopped at the crossing to let children cross when cars coming from Abercarn went over the crossing and then were seen turning down to the school.  Always slow down when approaching the crossing just in case a child should step out suddenly.

OPEN DAY

Our Open day for the Spring Term is on Thursday 29th March 2018 – Foundation Phase at 9.30 and Key Stage 2 at 2.30. Please telephone the school office to reserve a place – limited spaces due to the size of classrooms. We will hold a reserve list too!

IF YOU ARE ATTENDING PLEASE DO NOT BRING YOUNGER SIBLINGS TO THE EVENT –  MANY THANKS

REMINDER – YEAR 6 – WINGS TO FLY

Year 6 are going to Wings to Fly on Monday 5th ! Please ensure permission slips are returned otherwise your child will not be able to attend! No money is required and children will have lunch on their return to schools.

DINNER MENU

This week is Menu 2

WELSH PHRASE

Please try and use the following phrase:

Beth sy'n bod? - What's the matter?

Dw i'n teimlo... - I'm feeling...