Site news

Weekly Newsletter 20th March

Picture of Mr L Greenslade
Weekly Newsletter 20th March
by Mr L Greenslade - Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 11:14 AM

NSPCC SPONSORSHIP

Please can any sponsorship forms and money be sent to school by Friday 23rd march 2018 – Many Thanks!

FOOTBALL

Well done to our football team – they were top of the cluster league and will now go through to the regional finals!

END OF YEAR REPORTS

You should have received a LILAC letter to return to school. We are asking for an email address from parents as we will be reporting progress with Literacy, Numeracy and Digital Competence Skills via an online system called Classroom Monitor. Please return the LILAC form if you have not done so already!

PARKING

Please can I ask for parents to not park on residents drive ways in Coed Celynen. We have received a number of complaints regarding parents parking on residents driveways. Please park considerately!

OPEN DAY

Our Open day for the Spring Term is on Thursday 29th March 2018 – Foundation Phase at 9.30 and Key Stage 2 at 2.30. Please telephone the school office to reserve a place – limited spaces due to the size of classrooms. We will hold a reserve list too!

IF YOU ARE ATTENDING PLEASE DO NOT BRING YOUNGER SIBLINGS TO THE EVENT – MANY THANKS

ST DAVID’S DAY SPECIAL ARGUS SUPPLEMENT

We have ordered copies of the St David’s Day Special Argus Supplement. This will be available from Wednesday 21st March at the office, at a cost of 10p. Copies will be sold on a first come first served basis. Alternatively the supplement will be in each Argus paper sold on that day.

ONLINE REPORTING SYSTEM

There will be drop in sessions to explain how to use the online reporting system on Monday 26th March 2018 at 9.00 – 9.30 a.m. and 3.00 – 3.30 p.m.  Please let us know if you will be attending.

PA. EASTER RAFFLE

Easter raffle tickets are now on sale.  These tickets are £1.00 each and can be purchased from your child’s teacher.  Every class will have a prize.

DINNER MENU

This week is Menu 2

END OF TERM

School will finish for Easter holidays on Thursday 29th March 2018 at 3.30pm. School will re-open on Monday 16th April 2018.

WELSH PHRASE

Please try and use the following phrase:

Beth sy'n bod? - What's the matter?

Responses:

Dw i'n teimlo... - I'm feeling...

Mae _____ tost gyda fi. - My _____ is hurting me

ATTENDANCE 

Nursery

Reception

Year 1

Year 2

Year 3

Year 4

Year 5a

Year 5b

Year 6

91.4%

97.9%

98.1%

97.8%

96.8%

97.1%

91.1%

85.6%

93.3%

THIS WEEK! GOLDEN TICKET AWARDED TO… - Year 1 - Well Done

BE ON TIME

School starts at 9am. Doors open at 8.50am. Please ensure children are in school between 8.50am and 9am. The Education Welfare Officer will be patrolling school and will challenge parents of pupils who are late. Please be on time! If children are continually late, please expect to hear from us!