Welcome Back! Happy New Year to you all!
I do hope that everyone had a lovely Christmas and that all pupils are refreshed for the new term!
A special welcome to our new Rising 3 pupils this week!
It was lovely to see so many of you at the Carol Service at the end of last term. A big thank you to everyone who attended
FAMILY PHOTOGRAPH EVENING
The photographer will be in school from 2.30pm – 5.30pm on Tuesday 16th January 2018. You can book a time slot by telephoning the school office. You can have any photographs you wish taken (individual, family, with the dog/cat etc)
INCLEMENT WEATHER PROCEDURE
Please remind yourself of the inclement weather procedure. It is available on the school website or can be requested from the school office. It was sent out last term! I’d like us all to be well prepared! It is essential that we have the correct mobile number for you as this is what is used for text message alerts.
Topic Overviews for parents will be sent home with the children within the next few weeks. They will detail what your child will be learning this term.
DIARY OF EVENTS – SPRING TERM 2018
The Spring Term Diary of Events is attached!. I hope you’ll find it a useful guide to the events happening during the Spring Term! Please note some theme days whereby children can dress up for school!
School clubs will continue week beginning 22nd January 2018.
This week is Menu Week 1
Please try and use the following phrase throughout December and when we see you over the next few weeks!
Blwyddyn Newydd Dda – Happy New Year
Well done to the pupils and their parents with attendance of 97% and above for Autumn Term! Certificates and raffle tickets were given out at the end of last term!
- If your child has attendance of 97% or above from September 2016 to June 2017, they will be offered a reward in June or July!
- There will be termly certificates and prizes for children with attendance of 97% or above!
- We will continue with weekly “golden time” for the class with the best attendance – work together, be in school and the whole class will be rewarded!
- In addition to this, we’re going to reward parents for getting their child to school regularly and on time. If your child has attendance of 97% for the term, you will be given a raffle ticket and go into the prize draw to win a £100 gift voucher or a family meal out!
- You will receive an update of your child attendance every half term! Percentages do change lots as the year progresses so there is always a chance to receive a reward during the year!
- We have “Attendance Ambassadors” in school that will support children with low attendance. The Ambassadors will help solve any problems in school and provide friendly advice if it is needed.
- You will receive a letter to attend school and discuss your child’s attendance if it causing concern – below 90%. You will be offered support and advice if required.
- If attendance is a serious cause for concern, the school will contact the Education Welfare Officer and arrange for home visits, warnings and / or meetings to take place.
Let’s all work together to improve attendance!